Tuesday, December 15, 2009

May 23 - June 3, 1964

May 23 - Saturday


Went to St. Pauls with Linda and Kathy Hinkley. Later to Mercy’s house and stayed all day. Mercy had a date with Joey Escaler. Had a nice little chat with Honey during dinner and later with him and George. Cliff called me up to invite me to Los Banos and declined again. Susan Reyes and Mary Ann Ojeda all mentioned Joe (Avelino) today at St. Paul’s.



May 24 - Sunday

Arrival of Tita Marianne and Monica. Saw her at Mercy’s house. Ate merienda with George. Mercy and I had a long chat. Later George drove me home and threw V’s ring out the window!!! (Who in the heck was V?? Oh wait, was it Vergie? Yes, that’s it!!)



May 25 - Monday

Maribel dropped me off at Ateneo. Met and talked with R. Lane. R. Henson dropped me home. (Again, no idea who the latter two were.)



May 26 - Tuesday

Went to Malate Church for funeral Mass for Lita Fernandez’s mother. Maricar dropped me home after Mass this noon. Monica and Mercy will have supper with me tonight.



May 27 - Wednesday

Maribel, Mercy and I went to Mass together and then had lunch at Cucina Italiana.



May 28 - Thursday

Maribel had lunch with me at home.



May 29 - Friday

Ate lunch at Maribel’s house. Monica was at my house this evening and Linda Hinkley leaves for US.



May 30 - Saturday

Cosmos Inauguration with Dad. Met Senator Manglapus.



May 31 - Sunday

Date with Cliff and Len. Monica with us. Visited Los Banos. Saw the little hospital where I was born. Still exists. Very emotional. Should have gone with Mom and Dad.



June 1 - Monday

Saw Joey Escaler at Mass at Ateneo. Ramon Henson asked me if I wanted to join La Salle College play. Talked to Maribel. Talked to Nadia about job. Talked to Yan also. Joe Vincent plays polo in game in Honolulu today.



June 2 - Tuesday

Mr. Harvey called and asked me to do props for next MTG play.





June 3 - Wednesday

Dad left for Mindoro and the maid quit. I stayed home and helped Mom. This pm I was at the office and sent telegram to Joe. Saw Honey at Acme. Mercy says Joey got a letter from Joe. (As I type this I sadly remember that Joey Escaler (one of the nicest guys ever) and Maribel Bona have both passed away. Far too young but in 1964, we were all young, good looking and were going to live forever!)