Monday, December 14, 2009

April 27 - May 22, 1964

April 27 - Monday


Didn’t go to work. This afternoon Mercy called.



April 28 - Tuesday

I spent the evening at Mercy’s house. It was an especially nice evening mainly because Honey was there.



April 29 - Wednesday

Received postcard from Rudy and Mimi from Hong Kong.



April 30 - Thursday

Dinner at Litton house. Merienda at Za’s Café with Honey, George and Mercy.



May 1 - Friday - Labor Day

I spent the whole day at Mercy’s house and boy what a day!



May 2 - Saturday

Mercy had lunch at my house.



May 3 - Sunday

Went to Maligaya Beach with Mercy, George, Lita and Morris. Honey did not go. (Good heavens, I remember this disastrous outing. For me, anyway. Just look at the two couples and me by myself. And Honey not there. Truly pathetic!) Movies in the evening with Emil and Tito Eugenio.



May 4 - Monday

Went to the movies with Mom.



May 5 - Tuesday

Mercy and George at home this evening.



May 7 - Thursday

Mercy’s house this afternoon.



May 8 - Friday

Mercy and I merienda at Za’s Café. Got pictures of Roaring 20s party.



May 9 - Saturday

One lousy day.



May 10 - Sunday

Another one.



May 14 - Thursday

Ate lunch at Mercy’s house. I must really care for Honey. He and Mercy had a bad row. Dinner at Escaler home.



May 15 - Friday

I had a wonderful evening last night. Joe Vincent is darling. Asked me for a date today. Refused. (Why, I wonder?!!)  Sunday instead. Also got paid today.

May 16 - Saturday

Joe Vincent called up for me but couldn’t talk to him. Stayed in Mercy’s house this evening.



May 17 - Sunday -

Date with Joe Vincent with Maribel Bona and Anthony Trillo. I had a wonderful evening. (And did I mention a first kiss at the end of my 1962 diary entries? Yes JV was the one. The interesting thing is that though I obviously started dating because I had gone out with Cliff and others from the MTG, I never thought of those dates as pivotal. I guess the reason is now obvious.)



May 18 - Monday

Maribel dropped me off at Ateneo. She said she had a nice evening last night too. Ate merienda at Mercy’s house. Declined date with Joe today but he called to confirm for tomorrow. Honey really surprises me at times. (I do wish I had explained these cryptic remarks of mine.)



May 19 - Tuesday

Date with Joe Vincent with Joey Escaler and Rosarito Caro. Went to Champagne Room, Playboy’s Penthouse, Alba’s, Shangrila and Continental. (Did JV know how to show a girl a good time or what?!) Met Joe’s father Johnny who was with Elvira Manahan. (Elvira Manahan - who knew that many years later I would be visiting Manila, staying with Mercy only for us all to be shocked by the news of her murder!) Lovely evening.



May 20 - Wednesday

Joe leaves today for the States. To coin a phrase - “It was nice while it lasted.”



May 21 - Thursday

Maribel and I went to the Acme for a moment and later she dropped me off at Mercy’s house. I only stayed a while.



May 22 - Friday

Movies with Yan and Chiqui and Mommy.